Saturday, November 6, 2010

PUMPKIN CRAZE - PUMPKIN CHICKEN TACOS



This weekend is the weekend of pumpkin. I am cooking at least 3 recipes that are pumpkin-alicious. Last night I decided to try my take on Pumpkin Chicken Tacos. I knew they were pushing the envelope bit, but I just had to try them. The grocery stores are filled with pumpkin this year (last year we had a drought) so I had to take advantage!!


Pumpkin Chicken Tacos

  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 peppers (1 red and 1 green), chopped
  • 1 t cumin
  • 1 t chili powder
  • 1 lb. chicken breast (I used tenderloins), cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 can pureed pumpkin, 15 oz. (I bought a 15 oz. can of Pure Pumpkin and added a bit of soy milk to create the puree.)
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
  • 6 wheat tortillas
  • 1/2 C sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 2 roma tomatos, chopped
  • Cilantro (optional)

Chop your peppers and onions. Place pepper/onion mixture over medium heat with a dot of  olive oil. Cook chicken on stovetop and cut into small pieces. Add chopped chili peppers to chicken while over heat. Add pumpkin puree to chicken - be sure the chicken is cooked through before adding the pumpkin. Add cumin and chili powder to vegetable mixture while moving the pan over medium heat. Create your taco!! Top with grated cheese and cilantro for some added flavor and color.






This recipe was adapted from We are Not Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails