Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Beauty...



Today is my second to last day of yoga teacher training workshop!! It is both sad and exciting but I am also looking forward to the next steps - where am I going next and what does life have in store for me now ?


I slept incredibly well last night which doesn't happen all the time... I think it has something to do with the theme I kept going back to in my current practice. Finding the beauty within and all around us. How do you react to the beauty and the simplicity that you see in this world ? Mary Oliver's poetry always catches a piece of my heart... Here is some of the loveliness that is Mary Oliver that I studied last night...





The Swan
Did you too see it, drifting, all night, on the black river?
Did you see it in the morning, rising into the silvery air -
An armful of white blossoms,
A perfect commotion of silk and linen as it leaned
into the bondage of its wings; a snowbank, a bank of lilies,
Biting the air with its black beak?
Did you hear it, fluting and whistling
A shrill dark music - like the rain pelting the trees - like a waterfall
Knifing down the black ledges?
And did you see it, finally, just under the clouds -
A white cross Streaming across the sky, its feet
Like black leaves, its wings Like the stretching light of the river?
And did you feel it, in your heart, how it pertained to everything?
And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
And have you changed your life?

poem via, photography via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails