Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Ponderings


Wow it has been a crazy week!! Thankfully it was followed by a super relaxing, no strings attached weekend!! J was in Atlanta for the Tough Mudder and I held down the fort... cooking, cleaning, hanging with Baci, relaxing, practicing yoga... :) Yesterday, I had an hair appointment with Dana who I completed teacher training with... I am loving the outcome - a darker shade with random hints of warmer, lighter color pops!! All good stuff and very natural looking - just richer in tone :) I also went to a mini spa night with Meg, her mom, and sister. We used all-natural exfoliators, facial steam bath, (2) masks... one was honey based the other cacao based! The cacao one LOOKED like pudding and actually had to be refrigerated. All of the products are edible, just in case... LOL. We finished with a toner and moisturizer; my skin still feels so amazing...  I truly believe: You have to be good to yourself always and treat yourself sometimes :)

I have been trying to make a few fun dinners a week - lately the *fun* dinners have been on the weekends!! Last weekend, it was a Sweet Potato Kale Pizza from Two Peas and their Pod. I used ready-made dough from Sunflower Market ... AMAZING!! I will definitely be buying it again when quick, creative pizzas are on the menu again :)


Today, Chinese Curry Chicken is in the Slow Cooker via Full Bellies, Happy Kids, whose author has actually relocated to a new blog. It's currently cooking and making the house smell absolutely delish!! We have been loving homemade Asian food these days!


Ever since I began the QuickShape Challenge, I have been thinking more about why I am eating what I am eating .... I try to determine the benefits and outweigh the positive and negative sides to food/drink I am investing in and trusting in .... Everything we place in our bodies becomes a part of us, a part of our health; aren't you interested in food's effects on your body ?
I have read quite a bit in regards to curry and its benefits. It is an immunity booster, asthma combator, and it actually aids in easing joint swelling... Read more about curry's health benefits here.
Red onions are one of the foods I seem to be putting into everything I cook these days...And they are such a beautiful vegetable! I adore chopping them except for some of the tears that arise!! Then I find myself sticking my head in the freezer to relieve my eyes... J taught me this! Red onions contain the flavonal Quercetin which helps keep your memory in shape.. Love this :)
I also found that you should try to keep the outermost layers of the onions you chop in the meal, as these layers are most rich in flavonoids. Read more regarding red onion health benefits here.

   
J returns from ATL this afternoon, so I want dinner to be ready to go whenever he walks in the door... :) I will leave you with a photo I took of Baci this week... 


Happy Sunday!
Robyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails