Monday, May 30, 2011

Shabbat at Mi Casa

This past Friday I had a nice reunion with two friends I met on my Israel trip! My friend Laura came in town from Pennsylvania and my friend Chelsea and her boyfriend Zach came from Boulder. Justin was there of course, too :) We did the full Shabbat at my house - it was great doing this with friends who I had shared this experience with in Israel!


We did the whole shabang... All the prayers - for the wine, the bread, and the lighting of the Shabbat candles. I ended up making veggie pizzas as Laura is a vegetarian - Justin ended up making homemade pizza dough and helping me out a bunch with dinner since I had to run all over town to pick everyone up from two bus stops :)


Chelsea and Zach brought Challah from Udi's (YUM!), Manischevitz (which I hadn't had since forever!), and salad. So, Friday really was a true Shabbat - our way!!


We had a wonderful time catching up over yummy food and drink!! We gabbed forever and then someone mentioned they wanted something sweet, and next thing you know we are driving to Scrumptious in Olde Town Arvada - an awesome sweet shoppe! Later on, we came back to my house for a bit and then headed into the city to watch Chelsea and Zach's friend play in his band.


I am hoping to gather more pictures from the evening from Laura to add later!!!


It was a good night had by all :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails