Friday, August 31, 2012

It Begins...


So, college football is officially on!! I am pretty excited we are living in a town where this is all the rage! And we don't have have to travel too far to feel the love :)

We are going to Auburn for at least one game this season - Texas A&M, the newest addition to the SEC. Other than that, the Georgia game is on our minds as a possibility, but we shall see how the season goes.

Justin did score tickets for us to attend the UF :: Bowling Green game tomorrow afternoon. I have only been in the stadium as of late to RUN stadiums. I am excited to be a spectator!

This weekend, my sister D and her boyfriend are coming into town. We are going to the ArtWalk this evening, which should be a fun time. Tomorrow I teach a 90 minute yoga class in the morning, and I will meet everyone to tailgate afterwards. Kick off is at 3 and then my beloved Auburn Tigers play at 5PM central time ... SO UNBELIEVABLY PSYCHED!!

Auburn plays Clemson tomorrow ... Tigers versus tigers in the Georgia Dome. It will be a true blue game, all AU fans wear blue and Clemson wears orange!! I will definitely be sporting blue tomorrow!! :)

Here is one of my FAVORITE quotes about Auburn by Housel. I always like to revisit it before the start of the season...

What is Auburn? 
Far be it from me to try to answer that question. There are as many definitions of Auburn as there are Auburn men and women.
It would be safe to say, however, that Auburn is much more than a football game. It is much more than winning and losing.
It is a spirit. It is an attitude. It is a way of looking at life and at one another. It is, almost, a way of living. Unless you have experienced it, you will never know what it is; you will never understand it. Once you have experienced it, you will never be the same. A part of you will, forevermore, be an Auburn man or an Auburn woman.
-David Housel


WAR EAGLE!!!

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails