Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thinking Before Leaping

Tonight I had a major craving for loaded potato skins, and I gave into it. We have the majority of our home packed up, including the kitchen, so cooking isn't really an option. So, we opted to go out to dinner in Arvada.


I thought to myself  - I hadn't eaten junk food like that in a while, why not ? -


Well, think again.
I ended up with immediate heartburn which I have never had in my life as well as a horrible stomachache ... Totally not worth it. Talk about uncomfortable and scary.


I am not a nutritionist. I am not an expert in food whatsoever.


But I know my body.


I learned tonight more than ever that what you put into your body, what you decide to fuel it with, is really what you will get out of it.


I have healthy eating habits. Every now and then I have something outside of the spectrum of "healthy".


After this so-called experiment, I am ready to continue eating well and avoid junk, especially if restaurant-made. Who knows what else was on those loaded potato skins ? What kind of fats and oils did I put into my body ?


All I can do is eat better now and later and allow this to be a lesson:
I shall cook my own food or choose healthy options if I absolutely need to eat out.


I hate posting negative stories, but while I had this sickly feeling - heartburn and a stomach ache, I thought I should share. I will leave you with this:


When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no "I'll start tomorrow."  Tomorrow is disease.  ~Terri Guillemets


My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass.  ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails